BIOPAD MX® is a collagen matrices engineered from highly purified type 1 collagen derived from equine Achilles tendon. The thickness and pore structure of these devices allow them to absorb fluid and blood at the defect site. In addition, because BIOPAD MX® are made of intact collagen fibers, the products have intrinsic haemostatic properties for the control of minor bleeding as well as protect the wound bed while accelerating the healing process. Intended for use in oral surgical procedures as a resorbable or non-resorbable material for placement in the areas of dental implants, bone defects and ridge augmentation procedures.
BIOPAD® can be cut to wound size and easily adapted to wound size and shape.
1. balance between absorption and humidity at wound surface
2. gaseous exchange
3. barrier to prevent bacterial infections
4. it is completely non-adherent
BIOPAD® use is completely painless for the patient and does not require removal or change of dressing.
Quick Restoration of intactness of disrupted surface is critical in the healing process:
BIOPAD® is the ideal mean for ensuring a fast recovery of the wounded area.
BIOPAD® is the ideal and most innovative dressing for the control of minor bleeding and for the local management of moderately to heavy exuding wounds including
· Pressure sores,
· Donor sites and other bleeding surfaces,
· Dehisced surgical incisions,
· Draining wounds,
· Venous stasis ulcers,
· Diabetic ulcers,
· Partial and full thickness wounds,
· Post-laser surgery,
· Surgical and traumatic wounds.
The advantages of BIOPAD®’s use can be summarized in:
· Reduction of healing time
· Best quality of scarring
· Excellent results, even in difficult to treat ulcers
· Easiness of use
· Painless application
· Reduced dressing frequency
· Outpatient treatment (in acute phase)
· Home-treatment (subsequently the acute phase)